curmudgeon

NEWSFLASH:
Painting dark colors over light is a LOT tougher test of paint (and the
painter) than light over dark.. It might defy your "logic", but ask any pro
painter.

"Mikey S." wrote in message
If you really need one coat coverage try Sherwin Williams 'Superpaint', I
painted a medium blue ceiling white and it covered in one coat..I was
amazed. I put a second coat on just for the heck of it since I always do
and this is the better practice, but you can get away with one coat
coverage with superpaint if your careful.

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

"Minnie Bannister" wrote in message
Applied a coat of Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Extra White to a pre-primed
door yesterday (primer has a very, very pale greenish tint) and found
that there are still dark patches showing through.

Shouldn't one coat of a decent paint have been sufficient?

MB

Whether you vote Democrat or Republican in November, the country will
still be run from boardrooms in the USA and elsewhere, not by your
elected representatives.