Martin

I brought a new wall mount mail box and mounted it next to the entrance.

Going from a drive-up box to a wall box is a big deal to the Postal Service
because of the extra time it takes. I would call the supervisor if its a real
problem.

Now I need to buy a new mail box and post. Question is how can I build a

new post?

I would buy one at the local home improvement store. Just remember that the
height must be such that it can be serviced from the truck.

Do I need to dig a deep hole, pour some concrete in and stick in an iron post?

Is this the best way?

Use the hole that's there and put in the new, probably wooden, post. If you
need some extra stability you can always drop in boken pieces of
concrete/pavers recycled from another project.

Martin the letter carrier
)

"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it"
George Santyanna

http://members.aol.com/Spielmanjr/index.html
http://hometown.aol.com/Spielmanjr/index3.html
http://members.aol.com/voyagerlass/index.html