cr480

Good success in my situation, which is a part time shop using a DC1100C with
1 to 2 machines at a time, mostly 30 Ga round 4" (some 26 Ga), standard
adjustable Ell's, going two directions with the DC in the middle. These
standard Ell's won't hold up to the wearing action of wood particles 40
hours a week of course, but then again, replacing a $6 Ell once in a while
isn't a big deal either. I either used metal duct tape or gray RTV for the
joints from one pipe to another or to a fitting, and mostly ignored the seam
down the length of the pipe. A main trunk of 5" round would have been ok or
better when multiple gates are open, but if I had to do it again, I'd save
the few $ and use 4" again. The 45 degree wye's are better than 90 degree
Tee's. Grounding is so easy with this stuff, and there are no ground wires
in the pipe to catch clogs.
There are a number of sites on the web that descibe some of this like:
http://www.airhand.com and http://www.oneida-air.com/
GL!

"golf" wrote in message
news
Hi group:
What success have you people had using the normal household furnace
ducting for a mainline. I know I would have to duct-tape the joint on
the whole length??????????????

Jow

-- Remove par from email address for replying