PeterCB

"StealthUK" wrote in message
om...
"PeterCB" no.mail@please wrote in message
news:BqVdd.772$Li3.327@newsfe1-

Cheers - Are ryobi a good make?

Pete

I posed the same question some time back. I ended up buying a
Panasonic and a Ryobi 18V (STP 1801).
The Panasonic wins but is far more expensive.

I've used the Ryobi more than any other tool and barely touched a
mains drill. It's got a Rohm chuck that has worked flawlessly and the
battery life is superb. Trigger control of speed for screwdriving etc.
is not perfect but you get used to it (and it is a combi!) Overall
it's a solid piece of kit.
I know hammer action is not a major concern for you but if I did have
to buy another tool I'd seriously consider Ryobi stuff.

I haven't read anything yet that would make me
discount the ryobi stuff yet. You've painted a good picture.
I do have a hitatchi sds hammer drill at the moment but
is a bit heavy for light-weight drilling. (shoulder's hurting)

I'd mostly use any new drill I buy on the percussion setting,
although would occasionally use the hammer but for anything
meaty, i'd revert to the hitatchi.

I'd be using it daily for tasks like drilling metal boxes and mounting
panels / control boxes on to block work.

Thanks everyone for your replies - keep it coming