David W.E. Roberts

Default "Gas on glass" hobs - opinions ?

"Lena" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

Hmm. I believe that durability is more important than aesthetics for

such
piece of equipment. I don't like the look of black coloured kitchen
equipment (or anything else, it's dowdy and sucks out the light) but

had
compromise when buying our cooker last year, simply to get the best
all-round one which did the job I wanted it to do despite being black.

Mary

I agree with you. That's why I need advice. If it turns out that glass

hobs
are too delicate, I'll compromise and buy something else.
But, you know, glass hobs don't have to be black. They come in other

colors
too: silver, gray. Take a look at that one:

http://www.merloni.com/Ariston/catal...uctLineCode=10
Doesn't it look nice?

Lena

Severely minimalist :-))

However if you go to http://www.merloni.com/Ariston/catalogue/it/ and click
on 'piani cottura' then you should get there O.K.

You can also go to http://www.merloni.com/Ariston/catalogue/fr and look at
'tables de cuisson' if you are more comfortable in French than Italian.

Strangely, there doesn't seem to be a UK site.

Cheers

Dave R