willshak

Kevin wrote:

Am I missing something or is there no way to order off of the lawsupply website?

I guess it's just a brick and mortar store with no on-line ordering.
You'll probably have to use old technology to order from them. Maybe now
that you know the proper name for the piece, you may do better
calling/visiting plumbing suppliers in your area.

willshak wrote in message ...

Speedy Jim wrote:

Kevin wrote:

I need the pipe to be fully threaded, not just on the ends.

Im going to get the ID and OD diameter again (a friend has the pipe so
it might take a bit of time).

This is called a "running thread".

This type of nipple is most common in the elec trade, where
galv steel nipples are used. A few faucet mfr's used them
in brass, but they are not common today and hard to find.

http://www.islandreplacementparts.co...cetRepairs.htm
knows about them.

http://www.lawsupply.net/brass_fittings/ips/
lists a brass running thread nipple

GOOGLE for more.

From what the OP described, perhaps the one listed as BF-N-005-RT 1/2
X 6 RUNNING THREAD NIPPLE on the lawsupply link would be the one he
needs. Just a matter of cutting the length to 3-1/2"