Jim Alexander

"PeterCB" no.mail@please wrote in message
Good for youI hear you say!

Don't want to spend to much £80.
What do you recommend?
Needs 2 x batteries - Hammer not important.

Assuming its your first drill or you might not be asking, if you pick one
you like the balance of with a 2 to 3 year replacement policy you probably
won't go wrong if its DIY you are doing. My first drill was a B&D 8.4V
(RIP). OK I've got a cheap 18V Parkside now which is fine. Even has an
automatic locking chuck normally found only on more expensive brands. OK
its batteries are not brilliant but with 2 and fast charge I always have
power. Its high speed is a fast as a Metabo. I'd really hate it if I still
had an expensive 8.4V Makita or Metabo just because it was still possible to
get spares and service. Who wants to service a 3 year or older drill when
the service costs would exceed the residual value.

Jim A