Adam

Default Furnace repair----Gas valve

My furnace is not working. The pilot light is lite, but the burner does not
kick in when I turn up the thermostat. I believe that it is the gas valve.
I have concluded this because I cannot hear it click when I make the call
for heat from the thermostat. I also have ruled out a faulty thermostat by
disconnecting it and connecting the W wire and the R wire and bypassing the
thermostat.

If it is the gas valve, is it something I can repair my self? If not what
is a reasonable price for getting it repaired. I have noticed that the part
sells for around $100. Thanks for any help!