Andy Hall

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:57:23 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Just whilst I'm on the topic, is a Corgi registered engineer required to
resite the boiler
(I'll be moving it from upstairs bathroom to downstairs utility room) or
can
any competent plumber do this?

Builder has included this in his list of jobs to do but has confirmed
the
engineer is not Corgi registered, but very experienced and used by him
for all
his jobs

Thanks

It would be illegal for an unregistered plumber to do this however
experienced he is.

You could do it as a DIY job if you are competent, but for a job done
for gain, a registered CORGI engineer is the only legal option.
You wouldn't be in trouble for using him unless there were a problem
and it came out that you knew that he was unregistered (your insurance
might not pay up). The plumber could be fined, however.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl