Minnie Bannister

There wasn't a danger of runs, as I had the door laid flat on saw
horses. I might well have applied a second coat anyway, but for
durability rather than for coverage.

MB

Whether you vote Democrat or Republican in November, the country will
still be run from boardrooms in the USA and elsewhere, not by your
elected representatives.

On 10/21/04 02:10 pm Eric Tonks put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:

I never use one coat. You will find that the first coat does not go on
thickly without running, it's main job is to bond the the layer below. If
that layer is old and very hard, the paint will not give a lot of coverage
as it slides around on the old coat.

24 hours later, a second coat will lay thick, quickly laying onto and
bonding with the "not fully hardened first coat" giving a thick, full
coverage layer with no showthrough.