gribblechips

"I agree in principle - and would do something like that myself. A washing
machine valve isn't going to be the right size for a water filter, though,
so some reducing fittings will be required in addition"

Which is why I suggested using a simple piece of tube rather than a T or
washing machine valve though it must be said either of these would be neater
and somehow more elegant solutions.

I`m thinking of fitting a filter myself when I get round to doing the
kitchen - can you get them with proper fittings or do they all come with
those self cutting taps and the thin hose?

---