Grunff

EricP wrote:

Our water tastes like a solution of chalk and medicine.
We want a volume source of clean water for coffee, tea, cooking,
drinking and the steam iron.

I am sick of that jug thing that you have to fill up all the time and
fancied turning one of those little taps on. )

Hmm, well, an activated carbon filter will help a little, but if you
want really clean water, bite the bullet and fit an RO system. They've
come down in price enormously over the last few years - I've seen some
on the market for the £200 (but can't vouch for their quality).

--
Grunff