RonB

As I recall this was not Pinewood Derby. It acutally happened years ago
during the Soap Box Derby nationals. I belive the car had a fiberglass nose
fairing with an imbedded magnet. The drop of the metal start gate did give
it a push. Somehow they figured it out and disqualified the car (which had
obviously done well to get to nationals).

Another example of poor adult judgement and example. One year I saw a Soap
Box Derby Car with machined aluminum parts, fine finished wooden parts,
rubbed laquer paint and jeweled sponsor's lettering. The best part about it
was a much simpler father/son garage-built car blew it away and won the
event.