Grant P. Beagles

My best advice is look at the basic rules, follow them, and have FUN! Way
too many dads become obsessed with winning pinwood derbies. The event is
supposed to be a father-SON build. When I was Cubmaster, you could
immediately spot the cars that dad had done. Sometimes the kids weren't
allowed to touch them (really sad if you think about it). We made sure
that there were prizes for lots of things other than winning. We had on
the spot awards for things like "Most Creative use of Glitter", "Most
Colorful", "Coolest Design Idea"... None of these awards went to dad
built cars. After all, the event is for the kids, RIGHT!?!?

Grant

Tom Watson wrote:

My son, a new Cub Scout, has told me that he wants to participate in a
Cub Scout wooden model car race.

Before I Google this thing within an inch of it's life, I'd like to
ask for the Wisdom Of Those Who Have Gone Before, on the Wreck.

When I asked my wife for the specs, I was told:

"It has to be five ounces."

Hmm.

When I asked my son for the specs, he said:

"What's a spec?"

Sigh...

I was a Boy Scout, but never a Cub Scout. I would like to hear from
the Cognoscenti.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)