Charlie Self

bridger responds:

I mean, after all, we ALL know that no one is born in California.

Actually,
know one guy who was. He lives about 10 miles from me in Virginia.

Charlie Self

Hey, I was born in San Diego.

met a fair number of pretty superstitious people there too. most of
them from somewhere else, yep.

Perhaps I should have written that "no one who was born in CA lives there."
Where are you located these days?

Arizona....

Got an old college buddy who lives near Sonoita. I say near, because a million
years ago he bought some desert outside town and has been living there ever
since, through a couple wives, girlfriends and a slew of reconstructed
motorcycles. Got himself a BS in business admin, and hasn't held a full-time
job since. Works at what he needs, when he needs to, to make things work for
him, everything from teaching motorcycle riding at Pima College, to leading
motorcycle tours in Wales. Added to building fences for ranchers and rebuilding
and selling motorcycles, he seems to do just fine.

He's from the Long Island area, in NY.

Americans do seem to move around a bit.

Charlie Self
"When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not
hereditary." Thomas Paine