Richard Cline

In article , Tom Watson
wrote:

I agree with others that the secret is in the wheels. They need to be
accurately aligned. Test it on the floor to see that it runs straight.
Moreover, the car needs to be accurately placed on the track so that it
starts straight. Don't let anybody else handle the car that might
disturb the wheels. The nails that they used to supply for axels were
very poor. It could be improved by chucking it in the drill press and
smoothing with a file folled by fine emery.

I made one demonstration car with special wheels. I bored out the
standard wheel and glued a glass bead in the center. Then I made an
axle of a hat pin. The polished steel on glass was very frictionless.

Dick

My son, a new Cub Scout, has told me that he wants to participate in a
Cub Scout wooden model car race.

Before I Google this thing within an inch of it's life, I'd like to
ask for the Wisdom Of Those Who Have Gone Before, on the Wreck.

When I asked my wife for the specs, I was told:

"It has to be five ounces."

Hmm.

When I asked my son for the specs, he said:

"What's a spec?"