Lenny

As I've gotten older I've found that my BTL, (bull**** tolerance
level) has decreased inversely. I usually try to be cordial but if
need be I have no problem telling them where to get off. Ask them
where the party is and if they're bringing the beer. I especially love
the ones who call and ask for "the owner". I usually tell them that we
don't have one. Or Leona is not here. Try that some time and note the
kind of response you'll get. How about "courtesy calls". Anyone get
one of those lately? We tell them sorry but we don't accept Courtesy
calls. Some of these friggin "robots" are not even fazed by any of
this. Many are still blabbering on as I'm returning the handset to its
proper resting place. Hey we all have to work but my work doesn't
annoy people.
Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.
Me wrote in message ...
If you can find it get the local telco's frequency sweep number then
forward their call to it.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:00:33 +0100, N Cook wrote:

Someone with a small business asked me for advice on setting up a
tape-loop player for his receptionist to divert to when junk callers ring
in. Saying "putting you on hold" but leaving the caller
in limbo until he cancels - but make him as uncomfortable as possible
while hanging on.

1) My idea is to cut a small flat on the pinch wheel and replace the
capstan drive band with a longer and thinner band.

2) What choice of music would be most annoying to the age-group of junk
callers ?

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~diverse