JTMcC

"Greg O" wrote in message

"JTMcC" wrote in message
I'm not going to argue with you either, you seem to be the archtypical

internet expert, "I seen it done!" Good for you, but you are putting out
miss information and anyone working in this field knows it.

JTMcC.

Nothing I have posted in this thread is false, I work around this stuff
nearly everyday,

What do you do, exactly?

talk to the gents that do the work regularly.
Maybe they do things differantly around your neck of the woods!

We work from coast to coast.

I will not argue that fact that major, point ot point gas distribution is
still done in steel.

I'm sorry, but every time you say something you display a lack of
understanding. What you just called distribution is transmittion.
Distribution is defined by the piping system downstream of the town station.
These are standard industry terms. Distribution piping is in town piping
only.

Once you get to the city scale of things the prefered
pipe in this area is poly.

Of course it is, it's cheaper, they use it in every case where it's legal to
use, the problem is that higher pressure piping is required in the system.

Funny, what you say is impossible I have seen with my own eyes!
I guess I was dreaming!

It is impossible, with todays materials, to build an entire distribution
system in plastic. Have you seen "with your own eyes" every underground
main, station and service in the system? Of course not, trust me, in your
area, if you are in the U.S., there are steel mains and steel services as
well as plastic.

JTMcC.

Greg