Bernie Hunt

I was always in charge of building the car, but dad did the weighting. We
used melted wheel wieghts where ever we could put them. But I remember dad's
rule of alway bring a drill and bit to the derby just in case it needs to be
lighter. (Note, those where the days before battery powered drills and EPA
rules against melting lead and a whole bunch of other things we did,
hahahaha.)

Bernie

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
news
On 21 Oct 2004 00:44:02 GMT, (JMWEBER987) wrote:

As a metrologist (calibration and standards) at my place of employement I
can
always tell when the pinewood derby time rolls around. I have a steady
stream
of Dad's weighing cars, wheels, lead shot etc on some of my really
accurate
high resolution scales. 4.999999 oz. anyone?
Mike in Arkansas who may exeragerate slightly the resolution of his
scales.

Would that matter if the scout pack has a $20 postal scale at the
event? G

I can hear the sound of drilling now...

Barry