Jim B

On 18 Oct 2004 14:16:33 -0700, (Ceraboy) wrote:

Each trip, I bought 40 gals (8X5/gal containers) for $60.75 (seventy-five cents
sales tax!). You would do well this winter to explore around your County for the
nearest cooperative to buy cheap kerosene. Just in case anyone is skeptical, the
kerosene I bought is K1 and dye red.

This morning on NPR news, reported that there will be less than normal supply of
fuel oil available this winter. I suggest that you stock up more than your
normal need.

For those who are thinking of buying a kerosene heater, remember to buy one
that can last at least 8 hrs per filling and make sure the wick can be remove
and replace easily, ie: the wick has no metal studs (3) sticking out. It's a
pain in the arse(sorry) to replace them. Don't know if the kerosene heater's
wick has any metal studs, buy a spare wick, examine it carefully and metal studs
free. I normally have two to three spare wicks for each winter.

Wow, $1.25 per gallon is a great deal, I would trade in my electric
syhpon for kero at that price. I get mine at a local gas station
about a mile from my house for $2.19 - 2.49 per gallon ( it is nice
undyed 1-K kerosene ). Home Depot sells the kero at about 5 bucks per
gallon by the gallon jug and the kero substitute for 8 bucks a gallon
around my place. I should look into the some places that are more
rural and sell by the drum or at least 5 gallon size. How much kero
do you buy at once at the co-op. I usually only keep 10-15gallons on
hand since the refill site is so darn close.