Chris Lewis

According to Richard J Kinch :
Chris Lewis writes:

Thus, operating a gas generator for a long period of time (hours)
when there's the slightest exhaust leak to living areas is _extremely_
hazardous. Because the CO2 concentration (and smell) may never get
strong enough to do something about.

A possible outcome, but not as you say, rather because the pCO vs pCO2
concentration is enormously high for a 1-cyl genset, compared to automobile
exhaust, which is what I was addressing.

Yeah, but the toxicity of a given amount of CO is much higher than CO2, and
CO _accumulates_ in the body, whereas CO2 does not. You can live quite handily
in 5% CO2 as long as you want. Whereas, 200ppm of CO (.02% if I have the zeros
right) will _eventually_ kill you.

As for automotive exhaust issues, the statistics seem to refute your position.

check out http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic817.htm for example.

Do some google searching.

Take careful note of the MSDS's and descriptions of CO2 and CO poisoning.

Silly to base toxicology on MSDSs.

If that were the only thing you could base it on, yeah,
but it's not as if the facts in the MSDS for CO2 or CO are in doubt.

There's not exactly a dearth of confirmation in more scientific circles.

http://www.loganact.com/tips/royko.htm

So one silly MSDS kills the whole thing eh?

Watch out for DHMO! http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est