jo4hn

patriarch wrote:
[snip]

One can fudge the cubit measurement, but where are you going to get the
gopherwood in time?

No prob. We have lots of gophers here.

Seriously now, isn't this the same terrain that burned badly last year?
How's the vegetation? Are you expecting mudslide problems?

Patriarch

This is indeed the burn area. However, it didn't get much closer than a
mile of my house. Plus I am on high ground. As to vegetation, the
forest service sowed a bunch of fast growing grasses that have good root
systems. I doesn't look very pretty in the burn areas but then it never
did. They have evacuated a lot of the canyon areas that weren't already
evacuated due to the fire danger. Mudslides are a constant problem in
lower elevations.
mahalo,
jo4hn