Mary Fisher

Default "Gas on glass" hobs - opinions ?

"Lena" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

Hmm. I believe that durability is more important than aesthetics for

such
piece of equipment. I don't like the look of black coloured kitchen
equipment (or anything else, it's dowdy and sucks out the light) but

had
compromise when buying our cooker last year, simply to get the best
all-round one which did the job I wanted it to do despite being black.

Mary

I agree with you. That's why I need advice. If it turns out that glass

hobs
are too delicate, I'll compromise and buy something else.
But, you know, glass hobs don't have to be black. They come in other

colors
too: silver, gray. Take a look at that one:

LOL! I've no idea what colour they come in! I don't think I've ever seen one

My hob is black enamelled, the 'steadies' are black cast iron. Even trhe
sides of the carcase are black, I didn't realise that until Spouse fitted
it. It's not 'built in' but stands behind the door. To even get it there
meant re-'designing' the 'kitchen'.

I wouldn't have thought that the glass was delicate, modern glass products
are amazing. But even knowng that I suspect I'd be very careful not to bang
down my cast iron pans!

http://www.merloni.com/Ariston/catal...uctLineCode=10
Doesn't it look nice?

Don't know, all I got was a blank page.

I suspect that's what my reaction would have been anyway g

You ARE wise to ask about others' experiences, I did. Then I ignored them.
But what was said certainly made me think more about what I was spending
£1,000 on ...

Mary

Lena