nntp

Thanks to all those who responded. I borrowed my son's Wega controller and
true enough, the speakers were turned to "off".

Another problem cropped up though. When the audio is set to "SAP" an
annoying high pitch sound could be heard.

"Jerry G." wrote in message
The first thing to check is, make sure that the audio is not in the SAP
mode.

--

Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
==========================

"nntp" wrote in message
news I bought a Sony KV-27TSsomething from a local Value Village store that I
thought was working. I tested it by inserting a thin wire at the cable

jack
and I could see snowy picture of a local channel and hear the usual static
laden humming sound. I guessed that maybe if I will plug it home to my

cable
system, it will work.

When I got home and plugged my regular cable to its jack, picture is

perfect
but no sound at all, not even static or humming sound. The remote control

of
my old Sony works and I can see that the set is not in MUTE mode. I tried

give the chassis some mild taps or nudge but still no sound, zero.

Is it worth fixing?