Jim Polaski

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:01:31 GMT, "Mike Zuchick"
wrote:

Ron, I simply add a several coats of a good Car Wax to my Iron or Steel
tops. No rust and as smooth as glass.

Car wax ? bad idea. Your finishing attempts will be contaminated by
silicones, yea unto the seventh generation.

That's why I use Bowling Ally Wax or "Butcher's Wax" that is in a can at
nearly every hardware store. I have a 50's era Craftsman TS which I
bought used and waxed the table regularly. No build-up to speak of with
this wax, which I also use on instruments. For reasons too long to
mention , I haven't used the shop for several years and when I stopped I
waxed the saw and today there is nary a spec of rust or anything. And
our basement isn't AC, so in the summer when it's hot/humid, the floor
sweats from being 4 feet below grade and the saw is fine.

--
Regards,
JP