Boatman

I would clean the spot using TSP (trisodium phosphate is a
good degreaser cleaner). Then use shellac to seal the spot if there is
still any discoloration.

It may be a good idea to prep the kitchen ceiling with a TSP
washing to get rid of any cooking vapours that may have deposited a
film of oil and dust. Paint won't stick to dirt or oil.

Mike

P.S. I used TSP to remove the grey woodstove smoke buildup from a
ceiling when all other cleaners failed. TSP is excellent, just don't
forget to rinse and used rubber/vinyl gloves.

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:14:01 GMT, "Kirby" wrote:

Left the lid off. Where the popcorn hit the ceiling, it has left an oil
mark. Do I need to repaint the ceiling? Will the oil bleed through the new
paint?