RichardS

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:01:16 +0100, JK wrote:

Then have a look at the main brands' websites and find reviews. The ones
I've used and had no probs with are (in order of preference) Samsung,
IBM, Sony, Dell, Compaq and Toshiba.

Hi,

Are Toshibas that bad? I always thought they were pretty good.

Well, I like them & have owned (& still own) three over the last 7 years.

Not entirely without problems, but then my co-directors, who habitually buy
Dells, have also had problems. I've not had problems getting support or
warranty fixes out of Toshiba.

They don't tend to be cutting edge as far as things like screen resolution &
latest fastest flashiest processor go, but they're well built & I like the
keyboards on them. I used to prefer the twizzle stick pointers, but latest
machine, a Tecra M2, has both this and touch pad, and I've found that I use
the touchpad all the time now & have reconfigured the other pointer to
scroll up/down.

'suppose it's just what you get used to.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk