Sam

I have found Dell computers to be reliable and, on the odd occasion that
something has gone wrong, the support has been good. Most of my office
network is home built, but I used a Dell machine for the server.

Beware, the screen hinge on my wifes Dell laptop has broken after 13 months
and their attitude is that it's not covered under the warranty because it's
"normal wear and tear". Note it's broken not just worn and loose.

We paid the extra for Dell because the machine was covered by 3 years next
day on site warranty. Yet when the power supply failed it took over a week
to get a replacement.

So basically we are totally underwhelmed by Dell's customer service and I
doubt we will ever buy anything else from them.

Just tuppence worth.

Sam