Rob

"Chris Howard" wrote in message
m...
I used wallwik to remove the woodchip, which was stuck directly onto
plasterboard.

It's absolutely brilliant.

The only problem is that you can't buy it in the UK - I had to buy it
mail order from the states.
- it was worth the wait.

You basically score the wallpaper, and then soak the wallwik sheets in
diluted wallpaper stripping solution (I found this worked best,
although the instructions suggest you should use washing up liquid).
You then stick the sheets to the wallpaper. You have to keep spraying
it to keep it wet.

After 20 - 30 mins, you remove the wallwik sheets, and then the
wallpaper comes off in huge sheets.

If you score carefully, you should have no damage to the wall behind.

- I took a photo of mine - have a look at
http://www.chris-howard.demon.co.uk/wallwik/

Regards,
Chris.

I also recommend Walwik for woodchip - compared to when not using it - the
walppaper came of MUCH easier. I has a whole house covered in the stuff and
I believe that it saved me a couple WEEKS removing the disgusting stuff.

I soaked mine in a mixture of warm water, fairy liquid and vinegar (the
fairly liquid helps them 'stick' to the wall) - and then have a pressurised
spray gun (the pressurised ones just save your hands and use the the same
mixture in) and just make sure to keep them damp.

I bought mine (many years ago) from QVC - not sure if they still sell it -
but worth a look.

Rob