JR North

Scope trace the audio path on the main board. If stereo, Probably goes
through 2 TDA7052 amps (r/l channel) to the stereo decoder IC.
JR

nntp wrote:

I bought a Sony KV-27TSsomething from a local Value Village store that I
thought was working. I tested it by inserting a thin wire at the cable jack
and I could see snowy picture of a local channel and hear the usual static
laden humming sound. I guessed that maybe if I will plug it home to my cable
system, it will work.

When I got home and plugged my regular cable to its jack, picture is perfect
but no sound at all, not even static or humming sound. The remote control of
my old Sony works and I can see that the set is not in MUTE mode. I tried to
give the chassis some mild taps or nudge but still no sound, zero.

Is it worth fixing?