On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 02:26:05 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:49:40 -0700, wrote:

not all car waxes have silicone. I

I knew commenting to a tablesaw wax thread was a bad idea...

; ^ )

I _know_ they don't all contain it. What I don't know is how to
_prove_ they don't contain it.

read the label.

I don't even let silicone grease into
the wood workshop - it's just far too much trouble when silicones show
up where they shouldn't.

absolutely.

but the fact that it's sold for automotive use is no indicator that it
contains silicone. also,don't assume that products sold for
non-automotive purposes _don't_ contain silicone. I've seen it in the
damnedest of places- spray cans of it for lubricating electrical
equipment, for instance...