Bruce

Evenin' Alan:

Hut's Crystal Coat is a Shellac/Beeswax combination that I used on
Pens. Easy to use and good finish.

The Other Bruce

"Alan Van Art" wrote in message news:XJ_cd.1829$EL5.407@trndny09...
I don't know if anyone here watches the DIY Network or not, but I've been
following a show on that channel called WoodTurning Techniques. It may be a
bit rudimentary for many of you, but I find it helpful. If you're interested
it's hosted by Dave Hout. I just watched an episode where he used a finish
that they called a 'shellac-wax' finish. They gave no details about it,
whether it was commercial or homemade, or how to make it. Checking the
DIYNet webpage was a disappointment as usual. Does anyone know anything
about this finish? I was playing around with some shellac the other day,
without much success. I was hoping this might help me out a bit, I have
shellac, I have (a butt-load of) beeswax, is this stuff easy to make? What
information can anyone give me about it?

---