Alan Van Art

I thought those finishes came in solid form? This was a sort of paste. It
could have been the ShellaWax that some have pointed out, I think they were
using out of a paper cup so I didn't see a product label. It definitely
wasn't pure shellac, waxed or de-waxed. Has anyone ever tried to make this
type of finish? I made some finish that was a mixture of beeswax and mineral
oil once. The thing I didn't like about it was that it never got hard, as
mineral oil doesn't polymerize. Could it be as simple as melting some wax
into some shellac? Any ideas on ratios?

"Peter Teubel" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:12:07 GMT, "Alan Van Art"
wrote:

I just watched an episode where he used a finish
that they called a 'shellac-wax' finish.

I haven't seen that program, but sounds like a regular friction polish to
me (Mulands, HUT, etc.) . That contains, shellac and
carbuba wax.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com