JTMcC

"Jeff Six" wrote in message
om...
When my house was built (about three years ago), the builders
neglected to paint the gas pipe on my side of my meter and that pipe
has now developed a nice coat of surface rust (it's normal black gas
pipe). The pipe on the gas company's side of the meter was painted and
looks the same as when I moved in.

The pipe on the gas company's side isn't painted, its poly coated.

JTMcC.

(1) Is the rust/rusty color a problem and something I should correct?
The rest of the houses on my street (built during the past 1-5 years)
are in a similar situation.

(2) I assume that I should paint over the rusty-looking pipe so it
doesn't corode or develop into a problem. What is the appropiate paint
to use here?

Thanks.