Ed Sirett

Default which combi?

Andy Hall wrote:

On 31 Jul 2003 12:25:19 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

Yes. Some of it was bull****, but I wanted to hear it so I

Basically, after fitting,
they have to keep going back to sort the boiler, which gives the
fitter a bad name, so they don't fit them. I asked specifically
about the Keston (which I chose) and Ariston (which I looked at
because it was the smallest one made). There was some agreement
that Keston was probably as good as you'd get now, but ones
which are 3 years old are badly suffering failed heat exchangers.
Then a comment that whilst it used less gas, it had a 1kW fan
in it bull**** alert so it just used more electric instead.

I wonder how on earth they worked that one out.

Especially since the boiler is (should be) fused at 3A !

I would have thought that any decent fitter should have an analyser as
well - there's really no excuse. Since one of their roles is to look
out for excessive CO emissions in an appliance, this is important
anyway for servicing. Looking at the flames is one thing, but AIUI
only shows relatively serious problems.

Owner of a Kane 400 combustion analyser, and loads of 4xAA batteries ;-)

I am installing a Keston C25 in my own home right now.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
www.diyfaq.org.uk