Charles H. Buchholtz

Robert11 ) wrote:

: Would appreciate any opinions on the "Little Giant" ladders.

I got the "Gorilla" knock-off from Home Depot, and like it a lot.
It's easier to carry around than a 20' extension ladder, because it is
only about 6' long when it's completely collapsed. It really is the
only ladder I need, instead of having a 9' step ladder, a 6' step
ladder, and an extension ladder.

The Gorilla maxed out at 9.5' as a step ladder, and I realized that I
wanted one that was just a little bigger. So I bought the Werner
version that goes up to 11' step ladder. I can use it in rooms with a
8' ceiling, and also in rooms with 11' ceilings. It's nice to be able
to work on a ceiling light fixture with my head 6" below the ceiling,
and be able to lean my entire body against the ladder, instead of
having my feet on the next to last step and my body unsupported.

The Werner seems to be a little better made than the Gorilla, but that
may just be that I'm comparing the brand-new Werner against the
Gorilla that I've been using for a while.

The advantage is that it's exactly the ladder you need for any job, so
you don't need to buy a lot of different ladders, or make do with a
ladder that's "close enough". The down-side is that it's heavier than
any given ladder (it's about twice as heavy as my fiberglass 9' step
ladder, which I bought before I got the Gorilla). So, if it might not
be a good choice for someone who is going to lug it around a lot, or
who doesn't have a lot of upper body strength.

You can check out the Gorilla and Werner knock offs at Amazon.com.
Search for "multi ladder".

--- Chip