mac davis

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:22:47 +0000, Eugene
wrote:

mac davis wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:58:38 +0000, Eugene
wrote:

Has nothing to do with yuppiness. I was about to give up with anything
that
required a router out of frustration. But decided it can't be that I'm
that bad so I went and bought a PC and found out it wasn't me screwing up
all that wood, most of the time anyway
Its about using the right tool for the job, a craftsman router is designed
to be used once or twice and sit on the shelf, a better brand that isn't
much more expensive is designed to be used to make things. Same with any
other tools, buy a wrench from wal mart and it won't last if you try to
rebuild an engine but if you just tighten a loose bolt on the swing set it
will probably work fine.
Your would be much better off to buy a used quality tool than a new cheap
tool. I have a nice new almost never used black and decker jigsaw which
won't cut a straight line not matter what kind of blade I feed it so it
was
a complete waste of money. So is someone who can't afford to start
someone who has money to throw away? Is it better for someone to spend
$100 on a router, have it ruin a first project and get frustrated and
throw it away and walk away from the hobby that they could have enjoyed?

I must just be lucky.. my ol' craftsman router is as accurate and the
day I got it, and beside occasional use for over 20 years, it spent 3
years in a commercial routing table, edge rounding all day...

20 years ago they made good stuff. 2-3 years old (like the one I had) and
it won't be

no ****... last night, my wife gave me a Craftsman 1/2" cordless drill
driver for an early b-day present... it says "made in china" all over
it..