Richard

Default Scaring rabbits

"gandalf" wrote in message

"NickW" wrote in message
m...
(Sam Nelson) wrote in message

I want that .22 rifle!!

-----------
Unfortunately so will the police. The legal power limit here in the UK is

12 ft
lbs, that will not consistly knock over a rabbit at 100 yards. 30-35

yards,
sure. But not 100. (you wouldn't hit it anyway)

If the rifle is set at more that 12 ft lbs, as many older German models

are,
then it is illegal. To the law you may just as well be in possesion of an

AK47.
And they will likely prosecute, especially in today's political climate.

Should you buy one of these German rifles, pump-ups included, it might be

worth
getting a device for measuring the output. I've got one, somewhere, and it

tells
me whether I'm legal or not (which can vary from pellet to pellet) and I

tweak
to suit.

Would anyone know how the 12 ft lbs translates into muzzel velocity for a
given calibre of air weapon as this is the figure usually given in specs and
reviews.

Richard.