Lobby Dosser

"Alan Van Art" wrote:

I don't know if anyone here watches the DIY Network or not, but I've
been following a show on that channel called WoodTurning Techniques.
It may be a bit rudimentary for many of you, but I find it helpful. If
you're interested it's hosted by Dave Hout. I just watched an episode
where he used a finish that they called a 'shellac-wax' finish. They
gave no details about it, whether it was commercial or homemade, or
how to make it. Checking the DIYNet webpage was a disappointment as
usual. Does anyone know anything about this finish? I was playing
around with some shellac the other day, without much success. I was
hoping this might help me out a bit, I have shellac, I have (a
butt-load of) beeswax, is this stuff easy to make? What information
can anyone give me about it?

http://www.ubeaut.com.au/shell.html

Also comes in a jar, here in the US. It does give a nice finish. Google
"friction wax" for competing products.

LD

---