Andrew McKay

Default Scaring rabbits

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:46:52 +0100, "Matthew Augier \(dps\)"
wrote:

I'd rather have wild rabbits rather than the damn mole that is destroying my
whole garden!! Little buggers are impossible to catch. Can't you just stop
them getting into the garden as a solution?

A possible solution which I heard elsewhere follows.

Go into town and buy one of those annoying birthday cards that has a
"Happy Birthday To You!" song played continuously when you open the
card. Or some other type of card which is equally annoying.

Extract the mechanism from the card, and pop it into the moles tunnel.
The tunnel is quite good at bouncing the sound around, so wherever
moley is, he's reminded that someone is having a birthday party, 24
hours a day.

Drives the varmints to distraction because they are 99% blind and rely
upon their hearing in order to catch worms to eat.

I'm told they soon head off to quieter climes in order to survive.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk