twstanley

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...
During the last power cut, I was careful to run my generator only during
"waking" hours. I live in a trailer park, and don't want to do that to my
neighbors.

My thoughts with the original poster's generator is to get a longer cord,
and put it out in some bushes. Auto muffler won't do much good.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"NokNokMan" wrote in message
t...
I personally would like to thank you for your consideration. Year before
last during the big Northeast blackout, four of my neighbors fired up their
generators. It sounded like pole position around here, and it was tough
enough trying to sleep without any AC or fans, let alone the noise.

"Haas" jentra wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a 7KW generator that makes a hell of a racket on a cold frozen

night
when the power is out. Is there a muffler kit that can be used on an air
cooled engine, if so what type or suggestions on how to quiet this thing.

Thanks

You can make a generator "bunker" with sandbags around the generator
to absorb and deflect sound away.

A larger muffler as mentioned previously would most likely help to
reduce exhaust noise, some type of enclosure could reduce the
mechanical noise.