Andy Hall

On 18 Oct 2004 00:19:32 -0700, (mele)
wrote:

Thx for input guys , the house insurance does cover me for all the
damage so its cool in that department ( 100 excess and lose no claims
)The glow worm engineer is coming out I will try and get
information from him.

Check with your insurer and find out whether the no claims is not lost
if either/both GlowWorm and installer admit liability and you recover
the excess. Given the circumstances, I can see no reason for you
to have any liability, although a loss adjuster may try to argue the
cost down on the basis that the floor was not new.

You need to check the policy on that though, but don't be fobbed off.
The loss adjuster may seem to be a friendly chap, but believe me, he
is not your friend - he is there to reduce the insurance company's pay
out, so be careful not to volunteer any more information that strictly
requested.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

© Copyright 2004.

All parts of this Usenet posting are Copyright by the author. It may not
be sold in any medium, including electronic, CD-ROM, or database,
packaged with any commercial product, or published in print or
electronic form without the explicit written permission of the author.
The copyright of included material belongs to the original author.