Martin Angove

In message ,
"JoeJoe" wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

Try it without the draft shutter. There should be no problem with a 4 inch
fan (including Manrose) holding a piece of tissue paper.

Adam

Thanks, tried just that, and the fan did manage to hold the paper, but only
just.

I am still not sure if there is a problem here, just the suction look quite
pathetic.

FWIW I've just fitted a 4" Manrose (humidity model) with similar spec.
to our bathroom, and you can most definitely feel the suck when you
stick your hand up to it. I haven't tried it but it feels like it'd hold
a sheet of A5, and is certainly strong enough for a sheet or two of
toilet paper.

First thing I'd check if you're not getting this kind of suction from
yours is for air leaks around the fan itself - is the thing reasonably
well secured to the ducting, reasonably flush to the wall and is the
casing fitted properly? If not it is quite possible to have a kind of
"short circuit" which can cause the thing to suck air from around the
edges of the casing or even from within your cavity rather than through
the front of the unit.

As for how to improve this if it is the problem, I'm sure there will be
plenty of helpful suggestions here if only you ask :-)

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... See that snail, That's your clock speed that is.