mele

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message on.co.uk...
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:04:27 -0700, mele wrote:

Hi I had a new central heating system installed a year and half ago ,
it wa serviced last thursday.
Today water was gushing out and totally ruined a wooden floor and
brand new 5k kitchen 1 year old.
The company came out and said it was a maunfactures fault at glow worm
and they will deal with it. Someone must be responsible for the
failure of the boiler and the ensuing damage.
Can I get compensation from glow worm on the damage to my kitchen? The
boiler is combi 30ci plus.
Thanks for any feedback.

IIRC GW only have a 12 month guarantee.
I presume this was a substantial leak to cause so much damage?
Your house insurance may cover you.
It is possible that the service company made a mistake during servicing or
they agravated a latent weakness in the boiler (?).
To put a liability claim in against the service company you would ideally
need some sort of expert opinion on what went wrong, but IANAL and could
easily be wrong.
IANAL but you could start with a Small Claims Court action on the service
company who will likely simply pass the matter to their insurers.

BTW I would not like this to ever happen to me but then I have insurance
for this case.

Thx for input guys , the house insurance does cover me for all the
damage so its cool in that department ( 100 excess and lose no claims
)The glow worm engineer is coming out I will try and get
information from him.