Lobby Dosser

"Maxprop" wrote:

Having visited many of the websites of contributors herein, I've been
quite curious as to some the economic aspects of selling ones
turnings.

Please understand that I'm not seeking any specific information about
anyone, rather I'm simply interested in knowing a little about the
commercial aspect of turning wood. Specifically what sort of market
exists for quality turnings, and is it possible to make a living
selling one's work, or is it simply a supplement to one's income or
retirement?

Please don't read anything into my inquiry. I'm not considering a
change of career. :-) I'm simply curious.

Max

Seems like all of the big name commercial turners supplement their income
from turning by writing books, doing videos and demos, and teaching
classes. I may be wrong, but that seems to indicate that turning for a
living is not all that profitable.

LD