Mark

Default When using an angle grinder, should the blade spin towards or away from you?

On 31 Jul 2003 09:28:51 -0700, (Jon Weaver)
wrote:

I have been cutting some slabs and found that by rotating the guard on
my 230mm grinder, I could use it 2 ways:

1. Blade spins towards you.

In this method, the the dust fires AWAY from you, BUT if/when the
grinder kicks, it will come towards you.

2. Blad spins away from you

Now you get the dust firing in to your leg, but grinder would now
'kick' away from you!.

I am guessing that the 2nd of these is the safest, but which is
correct?

I've only a little Bosch grinder but have used that both ways. I
don't think I'd like to try stopping a big one if it kicked back
towards me though.

Got enough holes in my t-shirts already from grinding metal. :-)

Mark S.