xrongor

"Brad Finch" wrote in message
In article ,
"xrongor" wrote:

if this is what i think it is, they dont work any better than a show
shovel.
if the snow is light enough that you could just push it out of the way,
the
shovel will work and you dont need a special tool. if its too thick to
just
push it through, you need a shovel to move it out of the way once you get
pile anyway, hence you dont need it.

in short, imho, useless.

randy

The problem with a standard snow shovel is, you end up having to lift
and throw snow. I have one of those big wide push-shovels and it works
pretty good, but since it's square-angled you just wind up making a
bigger and bigger pile in front of you. If the blade were angled like a
plow it would (in theory) shove the snow off to the side with each pass,
never moving a LOT of snow each time. Kinda like a side-discharge lawn
mower, working from the center and always blowing out. Now how this
works in the real world, I have no idea, but it SOUNDS good.

after 2-3 passes you end up with a big pile of snow to move. just like a
side discharge mower starts to bog down once it hits a few passes worth of
grass clippings on the lawn, you have to move all the snow from the first
passes plus the new snow. so each pass = more snow to move at once.

i think its easier just to work across the driveway sideways and push it
straight to the edge to begin with instead of working the direction of the
driveway trying to angle the snow...

this is just my opinion...

randy