Brad Finch

In article ,
"xrongor" wrote:

if this is what i think it is, they dont work any better than a show shovel.
if the snow is light enough that you could just push it out of the way, the
shovel will work and you dont need a special tool. if its too thick to just
push it through, you need a shovel to move it out of the way once you get a
pile anyway, hence you dont need it.

in short, imho, useless.

randy

The problem with a standard snow shovel is, you end up having to lift
and throw snow. I have one of those big wide push-shovels and it works
pretty good, but since it's square-angled you just wind up making a
bigger and bigger pile in front of you. If the blade were angled like a
plow it would (in theory) shove the snow off to the side with each pass,
never moving a LOT of snow each time. Kinda like a side-discharge lawn
mower, working from the center and always blowing out. Now how this
works in the real world, I have no idea, but it SOUNDS good.

Also, we might get a foot of snow in a single drop, but you can always
go out a couple of times as it's falling and knock it back.