Ed Sirett

Default gas hob to copper pipe

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:09:48 +0000, MrCheerful wrote:

"R P McMurphey" wrote in message
what fittings do I need? I know how to plumb in an oven, but a hob needs
solid pipework. what do i use to convert from the threaded pipe from the
hob to the 15mm copper pipe? do I use an elbow and secure it to the wall

or
can you get free floating ones?

Steve

I know it is not recommended, but I put my hob in with a cooker flexible,
that was twenty five years ago and it is still ok. After all if it is ok
for a cooker, why not a hob?

This is discussed in the gas fitting FAQ.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk