Alan

In message ,
ritchieaber wrote
"Scott" wrote in message
"Carolyn" wrote in message
Since I had a Combi fitted in the loft, I have noticed that
a) my electric shower now runs fine,with no need to turn it on for approx

5 minutes,
to give it time to stop blasting freezing then hot water, alternately and
b) my washing machine now does its final rinse in very hot water.. If I am

around when a
cycle finishes,
the clothes are steaming hot.. On a 40deg wash, I could end up with

shrinkage, etc...

Does the boiler fire up when the washing machine is doing its 'cold fill'?
Likewise, does the electric shower cause the boiler to come on?

Some washing machines do a warm rinse last, candy washer driers to
name one. It may be a case of throttling the hot water feed or fitting
the restrictor washer in the hot inlet, to reduce the amount of hot
taken with the cold.

Don't machines have valves on the inlets which are controlled
automatically to mix the feeds from the hot and cold?
--
Alan